Where to find online teaching resources?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
Online Teaching Resources
- within PsychWiki...
- outside PsychWiki...
- CROW: Course Resources On the Web
- SPN: Social Psychology Network
- Teaching Introductory Educational Psychology
- Personality Pedagogy is a wiki for resources for the teaching of personality psychology.
- APA Online Psychology Laboratory provides highly interactive resources for the teaching of psychological science. This is the APA's website which requires the Macromedia Authorware plugin. OPL offers new and classic studies in psychology that students can participate in, and then analyze data from the experiences. The peer-reviewed materials include online studies and correlational studies, large data sets, demonstrations, and teaching aids. If you are a teacher, links to related pedagogical tools are located in the resources section of this site, and you can search for materials using Keywords, Topic, and Method of Analysis. All resources contained in OPL have been reviewed by an Advisory Board comprised of faculty from high schools, community colleges, and university campuses. Therefore, you should find interactive studies and demonstrations that can be integrated seamlessly into your classroom. Additional materials are available and links are provided to companion sites where appropriate. There is also a Teacher Tour section to help teachers learn how to use OPL to teach psychology.
- Center for Excellence in Teaching at USC provides teaching and learning online resources and videos.
- AllPsych Online - The Virtual Psychology Classroom provides psychology related material to help improve factual knowledge, inspire thoughtful discussion, and facilitate a unique understanding of the psychological theories, applications, and needs for research. The site contains free e-textbooks representing some major courses in the field of psychology, online tests, a psychology dictionary, and many more teaching tools.
◄ Back to Life as a Professor