What do I include in the section about publications?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
- Can do either chronological or reverse chronological but usually not alphabetically or clustered by topic.
- Present in APA style.
- “In Press” – can have separate section if you have many in press articles, otherwise fine to include in list of other publications without separate header.
- “Manuscripts Under Review” – can have this as a separate section. If you do have this section, listing the journal at which it was submitted is optional. It can be embarrassing if said journal does not accept your publication, however.
- “Manuscripts under preparation” or “Manuscript in progress” – can have this as a separate section especially if you are a graduate student or junior researcher, but you do not want to list too many things under this header because it may send the wrong signal that you are not accomplishing/finishing projects.
- As you accumulate more publications, you can have more headings such as Books, Chapters, Journal articles, Technical reports, Newsletter articles, Other Writings…
◄ Back to How to Get a Job