What type of job do I want?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
Revision as of 08:49, 10 February 2008 by Doug
- Ask yourself - what are your goals and interests? Research? Teaching? Some combination of both? Administration? Large school or smaller school. Public versus private. And etc. Or, maybe create your own niche.
- The most important piece of information to take away from this webpage is that you must know your goals and interests because it directs the rest of your actions and outcomes, such as:
- after you know your interests, you can make yourself marketable for THAT particular job by getting the publications or teaching experience required to be a top candidate for the position
- when searching for a job you can identify which positions you are interested in from the larger pool of job openings available each year
- when creating your application you need to tailor each application to show how you are a good fit for that particular job/department.
- and during your campus visit you must tailor your presentation to the audience at that school.
◄ Back to Professional Development mainpage