What questions should I ask about what is expected of me?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
What questions should I ask?
- What is expected of me?
- In the last 10 years, how many people received tenure?
- What were the difference between those who received tenure and those who did not?
- What resources exists for helping me achieve my goals
- What is the expected level of research, teaching, and service (RTS)? Be sure to quantify what they expect of you. Some schools split the RTS as 40%, 40%, 20%, but what does 40% mean? What does 20%?
- Is the evaluation process formal or informal?
- How am I going to be evaluated?
- Is the evaluation conducted each year or every other year?
◄ Back to Life as a Professor