What do I include in the section about education?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
- List the degree, year, university, major.
- Some people include their dissertation title and advisor.
- Most people list education in reverse chronological order.
- When listing your graduate level degree, tailor it to where you are sending the CV. If you are applying for a specific position, indicate your exact area of study (e.g., Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology, etc). If you are applying to a job outside psychology, its acceptable to simply state your degree as “Psychology”.
- If you are currently a graduate student, provide some type of information for the reader to know where you are in the program, such as listing expected graduation date, or dates you have attended graduate school (e.g., 2003-present). Its not necessary to list what year you are currently in (e.g., 4th year student).
◄ Back to How to Get a Job