What conferences are there?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
(Added a small bit of information on some conferences that are more specific than APA/APS.)
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
◄ Back to [[
◄ Back to []
Latest revision as of 04:33, 19 November 2016
What conferences are there?
- For psychology as a whole, the biggest conference is the APA conference held every year which represents all divisions and topics within psychology.
- The APA conference can be quite big and unrepresentative of any particular field, so for Social and Personality Psychology, the main conference is the SPSP conference will be held in San Antonio, Texas, on January 27-29, 2011.
- APA also has regional chapters which have their own conventions, such as
- the Eastern Psy Association,
- the Midwestern Psy Association,
- the New England Psy Association,
- the Rocky Mountain Psy Association,
- the Southeastern Psy Association,
- the Southwestern Psy Association,
- and the Western Psy Association.
- The APS conference is another big and multidisciplinary conference which focuses on psychological science related topics.
- Another good convention for Social and Personality researchers is the SPSSI conference held every other year that deals mainly with public policy and social issues.
- The SESP conference held every year is open to members and sponsored guests -- each member can bring one other person.
- The Society for Psyhophysiological Research Conference is held yearly. This conference tends to attract a variety of psychologist who use physiological measurements in their research. Social and personality psychologist, as well as cognitive psychologist might find this conference stimulating and useful.
- There are a host of international conferences and smaller conferences or workshops held each year by many different organizations, and you may even think about going to sociological conferences because of the overlap with psychology in terms of content and methodology. See the "Resources" section at the end of this Article for more info.
- For listings of conferences, see...
- - the conferences webpage on the APA website 
- - the APA website also provides a list of international conferences 
- - you can try the websites for each Regional Psy Association within APA and look for conferences 
- - you can also go to the website for each State Psy Association within APA 
- - or better yet, see each division within APA because many have their own conferences 
- - the American Sociological Association website has a list of sociological conferences 
- - the best way to find conferences is ask the people you work with or look at the websites of the organizations you belong to...
- Academy of Management
◄ Back to How to Present Posters