How/Why Use PsychWiki
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
Revision as of 00:20, 7 September 2009 by Doug
Why use PsychWiki?
There are a few reasons to use online resources such as...
- A wiki is a useful tool for psychologists. See list of uses/tools.
- Web Presence. With the advent of the online age its becoming increasingly common that "you are your web presence" because search engings other than PscyINFO are a starting point for seeing psychologists' web pages, lab pages, research pages, and so forth. Everyone in the field goes to conference and submits to journals with the goal of self promotion in mind to get their name and research out there to be reviewed and cited by others.
- Collaborate with others who do exactly what you do. The field of psychology is vaste so online tools are useful for connecting people with common interests.
- Information wants to be free!
How to use PsychWiki?
Here is an overview of how to use this wiki...
- Search the site for useful information. See how to Search.
- If you login (see login in top right) you can edit the pages. See how to Edit.
- You can also add a page on any topic. See how to Add a Page.
- If you are new to PsychWiki, See information to get you started.