How/Why Use PsychWiki
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
Why use PsychWiki?
There are a few reasons to use online resources such as...
- A wiki is a useful tool for psychologists. See list of uses/tools
- With the advent of the online age its becoming increasingly common that "you are your web presence" because search engings other than PscyINFO are a starting point for seeing psychologists' web pages, lab pages, research pages, and so forth. Everyone in the field goes to conference and submits to journals with the goal of self promotion in mind to get their name and research out there to be reviewed and cited by others.
- Collaborate with others who do exactly what you do. The field of psychology is vaste so online tools are useful for connecting people with common interests.
- Information wants to be free!
How to use PsychWiki?
- Search the site for useful information. See how to Search.
- If you login (see login in top right) you can edit the pages. See how to Edit.
- You can also add a page on any topic. See how to Add a Page.
Add a page
Don't worry about being "the authority" or being uber-comprehensive. If you miss something, somebody else will come along and add it. That's the beauty of a collaborative reference.
Or you can browse the existing pages and see if there is something you have to edit/add using the edit tab at the top of the page you wish to change.