Classic articles on Aggression
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
Revision as of 01:18, 12 August 2008 by JSwim
When and why do we hurt others?
- Berkowitz, L. & LePage, A. (1967). Weapons as aggression-eliciting stimuli. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 7, 202-207.
- Bandura, A., Ross, D. & Ross, S.A. (1961). Transmission of aggression through imitation of aggressie models. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 63, 575-582.
- Bandura, A., Ross, D. & Ross, S.A. (1963). Imitation of Film-mediated aggressive models. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 66, 3-11.
- Zillmann, D., (1971) Excitation transfer in communication-mediated aggressive behavior. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 7(4): 419-???
2. Violence against women
- Burt, M.R. (1980). Cultural Myths and supports for rape. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 38 (2): 217-230.
- Malamuth, N. M., & Ceniti, J. (1986). Repeated exposure to violent and nonviolent pornography: Likelihood of raping ratings and laboratory aggression against women. Aggressive Behavior, 12, 129-137.