From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
What is "my psychwiki"?
PsychWiki was created by psychologists as a tool for psychologists so you can use it to create your own stand-alone pages to help with your professional life in psychology or use it to disseminate knowledge and publicize your work.
- Stand-alone pages.
Not every page has to be linked or seen by everyone. PsychWiki was created by psychologists for psychologists so the purpose of PsychWiki is for the professional user community to use for whatever professional purpose they wish.
To use "my psychwiki", just create a new page and you are ready-to-go.
- Disseminate knowledge and publicize your work
"my psychwiki"® is a way to sync together all the information on a given topic, connect people with common psychology interests, and disseminate previously inaccessible information.
Why have "my psychwiki" in psychology?
- Information in psychology is currently decentralized in databases, on the web, conference booklets, filedrawers, researchers websites, school websites, etc.
- Much information is also not posted anywhere such as feedback, comments about research, discussion, helpful advice, critiques, etc.
How to use "hubs"?
- Categories -- We have already created categories for major concepts in Psychology, such as Research, People, Psychology Concepts, Virtual Lab Meeting. Click on each category to see how to use it, or see the summary of how to use each category page.
- Individual Pages -- You can also create "hubs" around individual pages. See the following for how to create hubs and how to use each one:
Finally, PsychWiki also provides a way to disseminate previously inaccessible information such as:
- Comments on published and pre-published works -- each article as a "Discussion" tab at the top of the page
- Feedback about your research ideas/designs -- see the Virtual Lab Meeting category
- Discussion of new theoretical ideas/papers -- see the Virtual Lab Meeting category
A wiki provides a useful way to present this new information to the collective benefit of the field because by sharing our experiences and knowledge